Bas de Noël avec une étiquette de long


Bas de Noël is something my little one does at her French school for Christmas. Little hands sew with big effort - using a special heavy cross stitcher (for the non sharpened point), fighting with the extremely long, long  thread, sweating and chatting with the other kids, but determined to finish and make every stitch count, imprinting memories, excitement and love. These anxious sparkling eyes just urged me to help her make one Bas de Noël for her teacher and sew a tag-a-long for it.


For the label, I used felt and backstitched the to: - for: names. For the tag-a-long, I stitched the "Bon Noël" words over a checked cotton piece of fabric, lined with thin felt for avoiding a flat and boring look. "Joyeux  Noël" is a much more appropriate and popular felicitation, but I chose "Bon Noël" for matching my ratio - size of the tag : size of the lettres.


There is nothing better than a handmade present for Christmas. It is even better when the sock is filled with treats. 


We filled it with round cookies. The sock is so skinny, that we baked a small rounded honey cookies that I posted in my Folk Christmas post.


We made a cream bird and filled it lightly with high-volume fibre felt for relief appearance. 


Additional fabric cones filled with chocolate are a great complement to the sock.


Joyeux  Noël, tout le monde!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lebkuchen Houses

Old-fashioned Lebkuchen Stars and Hearts

Vínarterta